New York, NY, March 15, 2010 – International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF), in partnership with BookExpo America (BEA), today announced educational workshops and sessions for Digital Book 2010 at BEA. This digital publishing industry conference will take place on May 25 in New York City’s Javits Center as the publishing world descends on New York for BEA (May 25-27). IDPF will also sponsor the Digital Book Zone on the BEA show floor from May 26-27. Platinum sponsors for Digital Book 2010 and IDPF Digital Book Zone include Ingram Digital Group and OverDrive.
Digital Book 2010 will be an efficient one-day conference that gives attendees the opportunity to network with global leaders in publishing and technology. Digital content publishers and device manufacturers will learn the latest trends in the digital publishing industry through expert panels and in-depth demonstrations and case studies. Workshops on the EPUB standard and eBook production and workflow, as well as best practices for digital newspapers, magazines, and interactive content, will be highlighted throughout the conference.
Digital Book 2010 conference sessions include:
- Welcome to the eBook Revolution
- Digital Magazines & Newspapers: New Models for Ad-Supported Publications
- Taking the “Agency Model” Out for a Spin: New eBook Rules of the Road for Publishers
- The Global Digital Book Community: Success Stories from Around the World
- Predictions for IDPF Digital Book 2011 and Beyond (devices, apps, and platforms)
- Digital Books & the Darknet: Investigating eBook Piracy
- EPUB Enhanced, Interactive & Connected
Digital Book 2010 workshops include:
- EPUB Boot Camp: Learn How to Produce eBooks in the Industry Standard
- Advanced EPUB Best Practices: Updates from the eBook Frontlines
- Promote & Sell Your Digital Books: Analyzing Retail & Institutional Channels
- The New Editor/Author Relationship: Think Digital First & Create Powerful eBooks
Digital Book 2010 is tightly integrated with BEA, where IDPF will host the Digital Book Zone (May 26-27). Featured exhibitors include: AppFoundry, Aptara, Endless Ideas BV, Entourage Systems, Hanwang Technology Co. Ltd, Impelsys, International Digital Publishing Forum, iScroll, Kiwi Media, LibreDigital, Live Ink, North Plains Systems Corp., Onyx International Inc., OverDrive, Ripple, Shenzhen Million-e Culture Industrial Co. Ltd., Shenzhen Switek Co. Ltd., Slate Press LLC, Sony Reader, TutorPro Ltd., Xplana, and Zinio LLC.
IDPF Digital Book 2010 is co-chaired by Steve Potash, CEO of OverDrive, and Michael Smith, executive director of the IDPF. Early bird registration ($179 for IDPF members/$279 for non-members) is now open at www.idpf.org/digitalbook2010. Registration includes networking, refreshments, lunch, and admission to BookExpo America on May 26-27, 2010.
About the International Digital Publishing Forum
The International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) is a non-profit trade and standards organization for the digital publishing industry representing over 120 companies and organizations. IDPF has developed the EPUB eBook publishing specification and related technical information to promote the development and growth of the digital book market. IDPF provides educational and networking events to foster the success of the eBook industry. Further information about the organization and industry, including membership information, can be obtained by visiting www.idpf.org.